Have you been searching through your Easter recipes?
Make a list of all your favourite family dishes and pick the best ones:
There are many fun recipes to cook and add to the standard favourites for the special holiday dinner.
For this annual traditional gathering with family and friends why not add a twist and try something new!
Here are a few of my favourites:
1. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham- this is one of the most popular side dishes for your Easter celebration menu. Who doesn’t love creamy cheese, hearty potatoes and ham all in one fantastic dish? It’s a wonderful meal in one!
Peel potatoes, I usually use about 6 large size potatoes for a 2 quart baking dish. Cube your precooked honey ham. You can easily make a yummy basic white Sauce, Simply, melt butter and add flour, some chopped green onions and add; stir slowly and evenly until the mixture thickens. Slowly add cheese to your white sauce and stir until melted. Add potatoes and fold in your cubed honey ham and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Sauteed Green Beans- balance your dinner with these sauteed green beans as another tasty side dish, especially for those vegetarians in the family.
3. Hot Buttered Dinner Rolls-the dinner is not complete without these.
4. Roast Beef- roast beef is considered to be one of the most traditional dinners for special occasions as the main course.
5. Deviled Egg Pasta Salad- it might be your family’s favorite for this Easter celebration. Easy to prepare and cook. Cook pasta. Whisk together with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and salt, and pepper. Gently fold pasta, eggs, and relish into the sauce. Taste for seasoning. Sprinkle with paprika.
The most important ingredient in your Easter celebration is CHOCOLATE..CHOCOLATE..CHOCOLATE!