Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Whenever I think of Mother’s Day, I think of brunch. Who doesn’t love “BRUNCH?” It is such a social outing and perfect for the whole family. You can spend a small fortune and go to one of the high end downtown hotels for brunch; that will put a massive dent in your wallet. If you are bringing the kids along, make sure they are on their best behavior or you will receive withering glares from the other brunchers. (yes, I know that’s not a word but I like the sound of it) One of the best hotel brunches I have enjoyed was at the Fairmont Hotel. Your mom will feel like a QUEEN.
One of the best times I have ever had, enjoying breakfast, was at the ELBOW ROOM. The food is hot and tasty and if you don’t finish all your plate, you are ‘strongly encouraged’ to make a donation to a charity. Love it! If you like to be entertained while eating your food, you are at the perfect place. Warning; it’s not for everyone but if you like a downtown breakfast served up with a side of abuse you’ll love this place. ….Heads up…mom, maybe not so much….. http://www.theelbowroomcafe.com/main.html
Here are some suggestions for things to do on Mother’s Day with your favourite gal:
• As mentioned above, take mom to BRUNCH in all its yummy glory. She will love it and what a fun way to start the day with fluffy, scrambled egg whites and chilled mimosas. Just a hint; if you are bringing your little ones, pick a semi casual place to eat, so everyone feels at ease and you don’t have to spend the entire time shushing the kids.
• Take mom shopping and tell her to leave her wallet at home. Pick her favourite shoe store and let her try on all the new spring sandal arrivals. She will love the attention and think of you every time she wears her new fabulous footwear. http://www.brownsshoes.com/
• Prepare a picnic lunch and hit the nearest beach or park. Don’t forget to pack a blanket to sit on and bring an ice cold bottle of Chardonnay with the food. Stanley Park is the first choice for most people. Because of its size and spectacular views, you can always find a quiet spot to call your own and enjoy your special time together.
• If your mother is an art enthusiast, head for Vancouver Art Gallery. They have some great exhibitions on in May including:
Cézanne and the Modern:
Masterpieces of European Art from the Pearlman Collection
February 14 to May 18, 2015
• Visit Granville Island and take mom to lunch at one of the many restaurants lining the alleys and sidewalks on the Island. It doesn’t matter what Sunday you visit, there are always hordes of visitors and performing artists to watch. It takes the entire afternoon to see everything you really want to and afterwards, you can hop on the Granville Island Ferry and be back downtown in 10 minutes.
Whatever you decide to do, simply spending the day together will mean the world to your mom. Renting a property in West Vancouver allows me an unobstructed view of the ocean. I also get to people watch on Marine Drive and nothing warms the heart more than seeing families spending time together no matter what day it is. Our North Shore Property Management office is right across the street on Marine Drive and every single one of us, is looking forward to spending time with our moms on their very special day.
Got something cool planned? Share it with us and visit our Facebook page and we’ll post your comments.
Orca Realty Inc.
Unit 204 – 2438 Marine Dr. West Vancouver, BC, V7V 1L2 Canada