April showers brings May flowers… At least that’s what they say. Will that be the case this spring? Although we were spoiled for most of March with sunshine and warm weather, the question is – what will April bring? With Vancouver being known to have some of the best weather during the seasons of Spring and Summer, spending time outside is always enjoyable in this beautiful city. Coming up with activities for the weekend that will keep the family and kids busy can be tough. Struggling to find ideas that everyone will actually enjoy? Look no further as we’ve came up with some fun and inexpensive ideas that are great for the whole family! As West Vancouver Property Managers, we look forward to Spring every year.
1. Picnics At The Beach. Vancouver has many beautiful beaches including Spanish Banks, Stanley Park, Jericho Beach, Third Beach etc… These are some spectacular beaches that would be perfect for the family to enjoy a bite at on the water. Anyone looking to rent in Vancouver always tries to score an ocean view. What better way to spend the day then host a picnic outside and enjoy an incredible ocean and mountain views?
2. Hiking. Why not get some exercise and have a blast at the same time? The Grouse Grind, (or also known as Mother Nature’s StairMaster) happens to be Vancouver’s most famous hike. Enjoy a beautiful 2.9 kilometer trail hike up the face of Grouse Mountain. Climb up to the top and enjoy lunch with a breathtaking view of Vancouver
3. The Seawall. Stanley Park’s Seawall is famous for it’s breathtaking views of Vancouver. This beautiful 9km path that lines Vancouver’s waterfront is the perfect route for a bike ride where you will be able to see amazing views of the city, the ocean and the North Shore. This path typically takes about 2-3 hours to walk or 1 hour to bike.
4. Patio dinning. No matter where you are located in Vancouver, spending the day on a patio and enjoying the warm weather is always a great way to spend your day. Enjoy great food and catch some rays while you’re at it! Can’t decide where you want to enjoy lunch with your friends or family? Check out the link below to find out where some Vancouver’s most reputable patio restaurants are.h
5. The Vancouver Aquarium. This is a very fun and educational activity that both the kids and parents can enjoy! Admission for children ages 4-12 years old is only $21 and adults can purchase their tickets for $38. The Vancouver Aquarium has over 50,000 animals from across the world to see. A great exhibition to visit that will be enjoyable for all ages!
As Kerrisdale happens to be a great place to spend your sunny days, we are excited to announce that Orca Realty has opened it’s 2nd office in this fabulous area, located at #302-2309 W 41st Avenue. Being a West Vancouver Property Management company, we are very excited to now be able to work out of the Vancouver area as well. Be sure to pop in and check out our new location and keep an eye out for our Orca whale smart cars 🙂