You can just look out your window and see autumn right in front of you. Here in Vancouver, the dead give-away is rain..rain..rain… We definitely cannot complain after the summer we were blessed with. Every day seemed like a record high with the sunshine blazing and the temperatures soaring. So, try and make the best of it because the rain ain’t going anywhere.
October is one of my favourite months because we have Thanksgiving and Halloween to look forward to. Every area celebrates Fall in different ways but the most popular event seems to be the Pumpkin Patch Festivals. West Vancouver hosts an annual festival that you just shouldn’t miss out on.
Thousands of people come out every year for the West Vancouver Harvest Festival and Full Moon Harvest Dance. This year the dance is being held on Saturday, October 3rd from 7:00pm-11:00pm in the West Vancouver Community Centre Atrium. It’s a family affair with tons of kid’s events going on and for the parents you can participate in the live or silent auctions. There is always lots of great food and drinks to indulge in to your heart’s content. On Sunday, October 4th come and join in from 10:00am-3:00pm for the Harvest Festival. There will lots of local exhibits, animals and all day activities for every member of the family.
Here are some additional Harvest Festivals that are going on:
1. Aldor Acres – Farm animal displays, hayrides and u-pick pumpkins! Make sure to visit Peter The Great, Leonard the llama and the huge white oxen, Zorro and Zeldo.
2. The Pumpkin Patch at Richmond Country Farms – For the young and young at heart! Hay rides, a corn maze, farm animals and Polly Pumpkin, Strawberry Shortcake and Korny Corn.
3. Chilliwack Corn Maze – Great family fun including a kiddy bale maze, corn maze, corn (sand) box, pumpkin patch, animal viewing area and u-pick apples.
4. North Arm Farm- This 60 acre working organic farm in Pemberton offers horse drawn wagon rides out to their pumpkin patch.
5. Laity Pumpkin Patch – Choose from thousands of pumpkins and enjoy wonderful adventures in this Maple Ridge farm’s wooded area. From hay rides and treasure to gnomes and fairies! Don’t forget to visit the barnyard and the corn maze!
6. Applebarn Pumpkin Farm – There’s lots to do at the Applebarn. Visit the glass beehive, watch fresh cider being made, pick your own apples, pick your own pumpkins, play on the giant jumping pillow, take a hayride or ride the bin train and visit Bunnytown at the petting barn
Try one or try all the Festivals…it’s a great way to support your community and the kid’s will have a blast!
Orca Realty Inc.
Unit 204 – 2438 Marine Dr. West Vancouver, BC, V7V 1L2 Canada