I am extremely fortunate to be renting a home in West Vancouver as it is such a beautiful place to live. There are many positive things about living on the North Shore, the spectacular views, the lifestyle and the great supportive community. Today though, I want to share my 5 favourite North Shore restaurants with you. I probably eat out too much, but really, is there anything better than sharing a great meal with your friends or family?
It is hard to narrow down to 5 but here goes.
5. For a night of casual dining, try the Hurricane Grill on the corner of Marine and Mackay in North Vancouver. It has a fun, laid back environment with a tasty international menu. It’s a great place to meet friends after work to have a quick bite or enjoy a plate of yummy Hurricane Seafood Linguini. Their appetizers are also a nice way to share several dishes at the same time. http://hurricanegrill.ca/northvancouver/appetizers-nvan/
4. Olive & Anchor in Horseshoe Bay is slightly more formal with a fabulous seafood menu. In the summer months, you can sit out on the outdoor patio and enjoy the view. In the winter months, book early and sit by the warm, inviting fireplace. The menu is diverse enough to be interesting without being overwhelming in its choices. Great place for a first date! http://oliveandanchor.com/about/
3. Amici Italian Restaurant on Marine Drive in West Vancouver is open for lunch and dinner. If you have ever been to Italy, the second you step through the door it will make you feel you have returned. The smell of homemade pasta and heady red wine will welcome you with open arms. Medaglie Ai Funghi , fresh salads and my personal favourite Scaloppini Di Vitello which is Veal scaloppini pan seared and finished in a choice of lemon, mushroom marsala, or cinzano sauce for $21.95. This is a great dining experience with a perfectly priced menu. http://www.amici.ca/
2. I am the luckiest person because I live 5 minutes from The Beach House in Dundarave. Sitting on the outdoor patio in the summer is one of my top 5 favourite things to do and when it cools down they can turn the heaters on to warm you up. You are literally steps away from the ocean. Located at the foot of West Vancouver’s Dundarave Pier, this trendy bistro is always busy. Besides the eclectic menu, the view is the main reason to make a reservation and try out this special beach-side haunt. You can watch the sailboats and listen to the waves all at the same time while enjoying scrumptious seafood cooked to perfection and served by their friendly, attentive staff. As a North Shore Property Management crew we find this is a popular place to head after work on a Friday afternoon.
1. The Salmon House has the best salmon on the North Shore. It has been open over 20 years and the views are fantastic, overlooking downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park. Their weekend brunch is legendary and the restaurant can be booked for large parties and weddings. You have to try their steak and lobster dish or the incredible seafood tower for 2, it is amazing and perfect for a romantic anniversary dinner. https://www.salmonhouse.com/
So, try at least a few of these fantastic restaurants soon and let us know on our Facebook or twitter account which was your favourite…… Orca Realty….don’t forget to LIKE US!